Friday, March 16, 2007

Vocational School Dormitory Dedication

We were happy to have our donors Suzanne and Bud present for the dedication of the new vocational school dormitory in DaNang. This dormitory, which they funded, will house 12 street children who have completed their vocational training and need safe housing as they enter the workforce. It was wonderful, filled with joyful emotion.


One of the first resident spoke to the audience about how important this housing is to his life and to personnally thank the donors. This handicapped young man, Hung, was orphaned at age 12. In his own words, he told us he had contemplated suicide by jumping in a river, because he had no hope for his future. He said, "As you can see I am a disabled boy, but I will try my best and now I have a job. I work at hairshop. My income is $98 a month. I wish the last part of this dormitory be built so more children can live here."


The goal of Children of Vietnam is to raise additional funds of $45,000 to complete three more wings to this dormatory and ultimately provide needed housing for 48 youth starting a new life.

No comments: